A Cup Of Matcha 9
This week I mostly learned that if you use macros and other tricks to quickly and easily create a very large library of modules and functions, you’ll reach a point where you realise there’s no way to avoid the enormous amount of documentation and tests you now need. But I also found these interesting links.
Identity management links first: the theme is once again Passkeys.
- Passkey - GN5-1 WP5 “Introduction to Passkeys Usage and Implementation” presentation (via Geant)
- Passkeys.org An absolutely superb passkey demonstration/test page
- Spotlight on: Passkeys Apple article on Passkeys from last week
- Understanding Passkeys A clear technical overview of Passkeys
- Passage 1Password have two new Passkey authenticator products
- Passkey Complete 1Password’s Passkey IdP (JWT only, no SAML or OIDC)
- Passkey Flex 1Password’s Passkey auth add-on for integrating with other IdPs
- How to implement passkeys with form autofill in a web app A Google tutorial
- Features – privacyID3A A few projects are basing their Passkey implementations using privacyID3A as a backend. I’m not sure about it.
- Examples of Dark Patterns in Privacy Anti-privacy tricks
- Kenny Log-Ins groan NO
I was wondering if these Cup Of Matcha blog posts would work as a mailing list
- TinyLetter, smaller images Mailchimp’s free service doesn’t support Markdown or image processing, so this scripts tries to fix that
- ButtonDown A commercial alternative to TinyLetter
Systems administration things
- Distrobox Use an Linux distro in a shell. Bit like WSL for Linux
- Syncthing Sync things (not really needed if you are inside Apple’s ecosystem)
- So many bad takes About the Amazon “monolith” story
- Noti Alerts when scripts finish
- Docker Swarm vs. Kubernetes Why I’m not using K8s, more or less
- rsync-time-machine.py Time Machine in Python
- Warden Machine learning to detect suspicious activity. This sort of thing would be useful in an IdP
- Building Customer-Facing Real-Time Dashboards with Postgres At least one Postgresql link is required each week
- Hypermodern Terminal Toolbox Modern shell tools and best practices
- sniffnet Nice looking network traffic graphs
- Task Another alternative to Make/Rake/etc, this time using lots of YAML.
- Automate a self-hosted HTTPS tunnel Inlets looks great.
- A Beginner’s Guide to tmux I am not a beginner to Tmux but I am very forgetful
- Introducing Baseline Web Browser specs
- There are macros and there are macros Elixir macro advice.
- From Ruby to Crystal? Writing and distributing a CLI tool I’m still hoping to use Crystal for a CLI app
- Build a grep CLI app in Rust Of course Rust is also looking good for CLI apps
- Starry-night WASM-based syntax highlighting in JS
- What should I charge for my product? I am terrible at this. Terrible
- contexted Elixir package for managing complex Phoenix contexts
And finally, unusual things
- This page is hosted on my Android phone It’s on a phone.
- First look at new images and UI of the Access controller for PS5 This is both cool and worthwhile (and has a wider application than just games on a PS5)
- Early Computer Art in the 50’s & 60’s Art from the first days of computing